Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Embroidered Basket Quilt

Isn't this a sweet, romantic quilt? The embroidery is beautiful... perfectly hand stitched. It was a pleasure to have my nose two inches from the baskets as I quilted.  With such delicate flowers, I quilted a small fill design in the basket blocks so they weren't overpowered. And I thought the border design was nice... if I say so myself. :) Quilted free hand, with ruler work. Quilter's Dream Cotton Batting Select.
The quilt is 60x60" and is a kit being sold by a local quilt shop, Quilt'n'Things
I'm hoping the quilting helps them sell lots of pattern kits.







3 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow! It's so beautiful!

Ginger said...

Whoa! You did a ton of quilting on that. Great job on the border.

apple slice said...

carla, the quilting is gorgeous! this is karen lusby lewis. you are a master. i would love to see your quilts . . . .